Field Service Engineer, Instrumentation (m/f)
Our client is a global leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to life scientists in academic, industrial and government settings, manufacturing products in the fields of genomics, genetic identity, protein and cellular analysis and drug
The Field Service Engineer Instrumentation (FSE) will conduct and support the company’s sales generalists with the launch of a new instrument platform. He/she will work in a team of two, servicing Europe, with a strong focus on Germany, reporting to the Regional Service Manager, who is based in the company’s German headquarter and workshop. Being located in Germany, ideally close to an airport, the FSE travels by plane or by car.
Trainings will commence in autumn; instrument placements are expected to start in Germany, UK, and BNL in Q4/2017.
The company’s medium-term plan is to establish additional field based service engineers in other European regions.
The position offers an attractive income, further salary components, and a company car (also for private use).
- Provide instrument service and preventative maintenance support, including pre- and post-sales support, installation, customer training, instrument preventive maintenance, repair and service support to customers throughout Europe, with a strong focus on Germany.
- Participate in all operational aspects of the European instrument service center and instrument field support.
- Communicate with the customer to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions.
- Effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them.
- Manage information on specific technical hardware / software / system performance related issues to determine root cause, identify alternatives, and implement a solution with Technical Service, Quality Assurance, Engineering and Software Development.
- Maintain instrument spare parts inventory with Regional Service Manager and Material Management. Manage parts stocking and availability at the point of service to ensure availability of parts required to minimize customer downtime.
- Attend meetings, seminars and customer site visits, requiring domestic and international travel (up to 75% of the time).
- Associate’s degree (plus relevant training and/or work experience) or Bachelor’s degree in scientific or engineering discipline.
- Hands-on laboratory or instrumentation support experience in a field instrument service organization.
- Ideally experience in supporting capillary electrophoresis technology.
- Ability to work independently with limited/no supervision and with other – international – team members in a cooperative manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must speak conversational English. Communicate with customers and staff via telephone, email and in person. Can write instructions and reports.
- Ability to speak German at conversational level, and English. One more additional European language would be a plus.
- Knowledge of instrument safety and regulatory compliance.
- Experience with handling biological samples, some of which may be potentially infectious samples. Understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
- Computer experience using programs incl. MS Office as well as Customer Relationship Management and Enterprise Resource Planning systems. Experience with Internet technology also desirable.
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 30 kg as required.
- Ability to travel up to 70%.
Bei Interesse an dieser spannenden Position freuen wir uns auf Ihre Kontaktaufnahme. Bitte richten Sie Ihre Fragen bzw. senden Sie Ihren englischen CV an:
Dr. Astrid Bruynck
NotchDelta Executive Search
Tel. +49 - 7665 - 947 4843
Mobil +49 - 171 - 419 6133