European Field Application Scientist, Liquid Handling (gn)*
Our client is a global leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to life scientists in academic, industrial and government settings, manufacturing products in the fields of genomics, genetic identity, protein and cellular analysis and drug discovery.
Being the technical product expert for the company’s instruments and related applications, he/she provides onsite support and training and is responsible for presenting products and services.
The Field Application Scientist works in an international team and reports to the Global Manager Field Support Scientists.
Working out of a home office in Germany, serving customers across Europe, you live preferably near a major airport.
The position offers an attractive salary, a company car, and additional fringe benefits.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Conduct instrument demonstrations at the customer laboratory; provide technical advice, troubleshoot and provide product recommendations and solutions.
- Coordinate and schedule onsite demonstrations, customer trainings, together with other functions, e.g. sales, Field Support Engineers, Technical Services etc.
- Actively provide feedback regarding customer requirements, demo success, and general product/instrument improvements; update sales and corporate Technical Services on customer feedback, and incidents.
- Provide post-sales support as needed.
- Attend internal and external meetings, seminars and provide technical support; provide product training to existing and newly hired employees as needed.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and stay current in reagent and instrument technical knowledge in order to provide recommendations and troubleshoot technical questions by customers.
- Participate in corporate cross-functional teams by providing customer feedback and reporting product related information to help with new product development and marketing campaign activities.
Specific job related skills and requirements:
- BS/MS/PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related life science aea.
- Bench lab experience in a life science, pharmaceutical, academic or clinical setting.
- Ability to discuss fundamentals, principles and technical theory of experimental design, techniques and results in a concise and professional manner.
- Experience with handling biological samples; understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
- Customer service skills with a dedication to customer support.
- Ability to deliver technical presentations, seminars and support materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload and schedule.
- Ability to maintain a travel schedule of plus 65%, and lift packages weighing up to 50 lbs.
*(gn) = gender neutral
Please, contact us for further information / questions, or send us your CV.
Dr. Astrid Bruynck
NotchDelta Executive Search, Germany, www.search-notchdelta.com
Mobile +49 - 171 - 419 6133
By providing your application documents you agree that we save and store them according to GDPR regulations.