Service Engineer Instrumentation, Workshop based & Europe-field (m/f/d)
Our client is a global leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to life scientists in academic, industrial and government settings.
The Service Engineer (SE) conducts post-sale instrument service support, instrument installation and preventive maintenance support for internal and external customers, makes and implements recommendations to improve service processes, manages local stocks of spare parts, and acts as customer liaison in complex support scenarios to ensure issue resolution and overall customer satisfaction.
Being located in the Rhine-Neckar-Region, the SE is either located in the company’s workshop or travels by plane or by car (70:30). The SE reports to the European Service Manager, and works in a team of six workshop- and field-based Service Engineers.
The position offers an attractive income, further salary components, and a company car (also for private use), furthermore a wide portfolio of training and personal development opportunities.
- Participate in all operational aspects of instrument service depot support and instrument field support. This will include depot repair, service support to direct colleagues and 3rd party engineers, installation, customer training, instrument preventive maintenance, tool calibrations.
- Develop and support strong internal and external customer relationships by acting as a liaison between the customer and various company departments, bringing field issues in house and providing necessary follow up. Communicate with global customers and staff via telephone, email and in person.
- Communicate with the customer to ensure satisfaction; implement any necessary corrective actions; effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them..
- Deploy and recommend improvements to equipment installation and operational qualification test plans and protocols in accordance with design requirements, operational needs, and applicable standards.
- Coordinate with Technical Service, Quality Assurance, Engineering and Software Development to collect information on specific technical hardware / software / system performance related issues to help determine root cause, identify alternatives, and assist in implementing a solution.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and customer site visits, requiring domestic and international travel mainly in EMEA region, with occasional travel to USA.
- Manage parts stocking and availability at the point of service to ensure availability of parts required to minimize customer downtime.
- Proactively update service documentation and SOP’s to drive process improvement resulting in improved customer experience.
- Continuously update CRM system with customer, instrument, and ticketing information. Document all relevant procedures in ERP system.
- Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to the Life Science business.
- Degree qualified in a electrotechnical, electronics or other engineering area.
- Field experience supporting laboratory instrumentation in the Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences / Diagnostics market or similar desired. Ideally experience working in a GMP or ISO 9000 and/or ISO 13485 (IVD) environment. Knowledge of instrument safety and regulatory compliance.
- Ideally having experience in giving training course / seminars relating to installing, repairing, and maintaining instrumentation in the Life Science field.
- Experience with handling biological samples, some of which may be potentially infectious samples. Understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment with other internal staff and external customers throughout the duration of assigned projects, while, at the same time, work independently with moderate supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English are mandatory.
- Ability to write instructions and reports.
- Computer experience including CRM and ERP experience. In addition, ability to learn and use new programs as needed. Experience with Internet technology / network setup also desirable.
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 30 kg as required.
- Full valid driving license required. Ability to travel up to 30%, e.g. 2-3 overnight stays every 2-3 weeks.
Bei Interesse an dieser spannenden Position freuen wir uns auf Ihre Kontaktaufnahme.
Bitte richten Sie Ihre Fragen bzw. senden Sie Ihren englischen CV an:
Dr. Astrid Bruynck Dr. Peter Schwaighofer
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Mobil +49 - 171 - 419 6133 Mobil +49 - 157 - 54172881
Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung, Ihres CVs bzw. sonstiger personenbezogener Dokumente erklären Sie Ihre Zustimmung zur Verarbeitung Ihrer Daten für Bewerbungszwecke im Sinne unserer Datenschutzerklärung.