Head of Presales Liquid Handling Automation, Europe (m/f/d)
Our client is a leading manufacturer of automated laboratory instrumentation and cutting-edge technology products for Life Sciences, basic and translational research, drug discovery, and clinical diagnostics.
We are searching you for a challenging position in a dynamic, international and diverse organization. You will support our client’s mission and growth by devising and directing all pre-sales activities in Europe for the Liquid Handling business segment, and by actively working on Key Account Management. Your team operates from all big European markets (GEATCH, UK, France, etc.)
This cross-functional European leadership role operates home office-based, preferably in Germany, living near an airport.
It includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and exciting continuative career opportunities, incl. a wide range of training courses.
- Lead, inspire, motivate, and develop a team of pre-sales specialists across Europe.
- Act in line with our clients’ global business strategy: liaise within sales development and sales management to define and reach common Liquid Handling instrument, service and consumables growth & profitability objectives in EMEA.
- Identify potential new customer groups, communities, networking, partnering and business development opportunities incl. new synergistic products.
- Take responsibility for efficient commercialization of existing and new products: effective communication / multiplication of product information, promotions - technical and commercial.
- Plan for efficient Presales Specialists’ capacity usage.
- Own sales pre-qualification; ensure effective sales project handover to Service in EMEA.
- Drive and support competitive market intelligence.
- Consolidate information on the development of sales-, marketing- and training tools and align with global product management and global marketing.
- Actively contribute to business area sales, strategy, and business review meetings.
- Manage the fleet of demo systems and optimize use of the existing showrooms or work to establish additional ones to adequately support achievement of commercial objectives.
- Define plans for Key Account penetration in close collaborations with the Global Sales Management.
- Help assess sales generalists’ knowledge and define gaps being addressed in specific trainings.
- Grow talents internally by including them in specific task forces.
Your ideal qualification:
- MSc degree or PhD in biology, biochemistry or comparable.
- Several years related sales/business development and/or sales/marketing experience in the field of Life Sciences (e.g., genomics, cell biology, biochemistry, proteomics).
- Leadership experience in an international role within a matrix organization.
- Proven ability to manage a team.
- Solid knowledge of applications, products, markets and technologies in Life Sciences.
- Direct exposure to laboratory automation, as sphere of business or as user, is obligatory.
- Ability to effectively communicate (orally and written) both technical and non-technical topics.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze market, competitors, and help refining product positionings.
- Objective driven, structured and pragmatic working style.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Willingness to travel in Europe.
Please, contact for further questions, or forward your CV to:
Dr. Astrid Bruynck
Tel.: +49 - 7665 - 947 4843
Mobil. +49 - 171 - 419 6133
Mobil: +43 - 699 - 1390 9554
NotchDelta Executive Search
By sending us your application documents you agree that we save and store them according to our GDPR regulations.